Video Assembly of Hanwei Cutting Jian

This Forum is a place for students of swordsmanship to ask advice from moderators Paul Champagne & Scott M. Rodell on how to practice test cutting in a manner consistent with how swords were historically used in combat. Readers use this Forum at their own risk.

Moderators:Scott M. Rodell, PaulC

KyleyHarris
Video Assembly of Hanwei Cutting Jian

Post by KyleyHarris » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:52 pm

This is a video I just did that shows the dismantling and assembly of the Hanwei Jian. Its really great value for money.
Video of the Hanwei Cutting Jian Dismantling and Assembly

Linda Heenan

Re: Video Assembly of Hanwei Cutting Jian

Post by Linda Heenan » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi Kyley. I tried to post a comment under the video on Youtube, but it wouldn't let me, so I'll put it here:

Excellent information. I've embedded this on the Chinese Swords Guide on this page http://www.chinese-swords-guide.com/hanwei-swords.html Please let me know if you would like a return link from the page to your website.
Contributions welcome at the Chinese Swords Guide - now with RSS http://www.chinese-swords-guide.com

KyleyHarris

Re: Video Assembly of Hanwei Cutting Jian

Post by KyleyHarris » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:33 pm

Hi Linda,

Thanks. I dont need a link back unless you wish to. information is of value on its own merits.

I will also be adding videos over the next week on the edge mainentance and keeping the edge in good cutting condition. I've already had requests for these. I'll do the videos using hand methods as I understand most people buying the sword will not have slack belt sanders for working on convex edges.