Users are Required to Read This First

This Forum is a place for students of swordsmanship to ask advice from moderators Paul Champagne & Scott M. Rodell on how to practice test cutting in a manner consistent with how swords were historically used in combat. Readers use this Forum at their own risk.

Moderators:Scott M. Rodell, PaulC

Scott M. Rodell
Site Admin
Site Admin
Users are Required to Read This First

Post by Scott M. Rodell » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:56 pm

:!: Disclaimer: Only you are responsible for yourself and for those whom with you train. Neither the moderators nor the Great River Taoist Center is accountable for your actions. If you hurt yourself or others by practicing anything you read in this forum, you are to blame and must accept the responsibility. THE PRACTICE OF SWORDSMANSHIP AND RELATED PRACTICE TEST CUTTING, LIKE ANY OTHER MARTIAL ART, IS ITSELF A DANGEROUS ACTIVITY. You can absolutely expect to be injured, perhaps seriously, in the course of study and practice. That is the nature of serious training in any martial art, this is particularly true when one is handling extremely sharp blades. Go forward with your head up and your eyes open. :!:

Scott M. Rodell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just Who is Paul Champagne?

Post by Scott M. Rodell » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:16 am

Most taiji bums will know me from my books or seminars, but not everyone in the Chinese martial arts world will know my co-moderator, Paul Champagne on this Cutting Discussion Board. Paul is quite well known (to say the least) in sword smithing circles. Those who are curious about him can see:

http://reclaimingtheblade.com/main/