Canberra Branch

A general Q & A forum

Moderator:Scott M. Rodell

Linda Heenan
Canberra Branch

Post by Linda Heenan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Australia has a new GRTC branch in Canberra. I'd like to introduce the leader of this group for your information. He is 21 year old David McCleary. David has been training with me in Taijiquan and Chinese swordsmanship for over a year. He was one of the students attending Scott M Rodell Laoshi's latest seminars in Australia, and you'll probably meet him around these boards from time to time.
Contributions welcome at the Chinese Swords Guide - now with RSS http://www.chinese-swords-guide.com

David Mcleary

Re: Canberra Branch

Post by David Mcleary » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:33 am

Thanks Linda,
There are only myself and a couple of mates at the moment but a good start, enough people for to play with. We are all pretty keen lots of very early morning training sessions, and then in the afternoon when we can. Eventually we hope to get a more permanent venue but at the moment the park down the road is fine.

Linda Heenan

Post by Linda Heenan » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:28 am

Training at 4am is what I call pretty keen :D
Contributions welcome at the Chinese Swords Guide - now with RSS http://www.chinese-swords-guide.com

Scott M. Rodell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott M. Rodell » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:53 am

David Mcleary wrote:...Theres are only myself and a couple of mates at the moment...
Quality is far more important than quantity.

David Mcleary

Post by David Mcleary » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:30 pm

To update, we are now traing twice a week here in Canberra Thursday mornings 4:30 to 6:30 and Sunday mornings 8:30 to 10:30/11ish in Belconnan. We have recently finnished a seminar with Roland Tepp one of the instructors from Estonia. We are just a small study group with the goal of helping each other to our improve our Taijiquan, we aim to get one of Laoshi Rodell's instructors over for seminars twice a year.

We are planning on organising a couple of Seminars later in the year aound August, with a pushhands and Taiji pricipals seminar in sydney with the help od the Pei lei Kungfu wushu assosication wich is open to anyone not just Taiji students followed by a Section one Michuan form and application workshop in Canberra for the students in our branch. I will update with dates locations ect. once they have been decided upon and finalised.

Aswell as Yang Taiji my martial srts background also includes Wing Chun, Liuhebafa and Japanese kenjitsu (Shinto muso ryu and Muso Jikiden eishin ryu). Any one in Canberra or the surrounding areas who is interested in training with us is more than welcome.