energies

A general Q & A forum

Moderator:Scott M. Rodell

J HepworthYoung
energies

Post by J HepworthYoung » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:57 am

In study of the 8 energies I found only one, a motion of axis differentiation, thus divided one side is every substantial and expanding while the other is insubstantial and retracting. In this I found ward off and roll back to be like two sides of a single coin, though the analogy is easier to understand if the coin spins on its edge.

So I found that that the first two of the 8 energies are not opposites, but compliments. Magnetism is a good way to undertand how yin and yang aren't opposing forces, same poles oppose, different poles compliment, yin and yang are like this too, reciplorcal and relative to eachother.

I then found that the second development of the moves, the application of the yin/yang dichotomy to the first pair of energies, results in yang moving yin and yin moving yang, press and push (ghee and arn) respectively. One more use of the dichotomy creates 4 new energy combinations, while conserving the old four as well.

I understand the way the binary code can be combined in limitless ways to use your body like a simple machine, taking advantage of the axis and leverage inherant in the natural structure. I also understand how one can derrive the trigrams and hexagrams from taichi, via movement by intent. I think that the bagua(diagram) makes a good teaching aid for the comprehension of the 8 energies as a systematic method. I also have several other simple diagrams based upon spheres and levers that show the energy basics, up, down, left right, its all the same.

Now that I am starting to see how the forms were put together based upon the energies it is neat to see how superficial the differences between the styles often are.