Creation of the system

A general Q & A forum

Moderator:Scott M. Rodell

DavidM
Creation of the system

Post by DavidM » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:18 pm

I am wondering if there is any evidence, or oral tradidtion regarding whether all the material in the Michuan Taijiquan system as it stands came from Yang luchan.

For example, the Neigong material. Did Yang Luchan have a relative that he received this info from, or was it from some of his martial training, or was it included by another in the system after Luchan's passing ?

I am not saying that I don't believe that Luchan put it ALL together himself, it's just that it seems like a lot to have assimilated and figured himself, and then modified it into the public system (that was still functional) while amintaining the Michuan system.

I'm having a hard time getting my head around it.

TCosta

Post by TCosta » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:42 pm

I remember reading (possibly on the Yen-nien Daoguan Site) that Zhang Qinlin was inducted into the Jin Shan Pai school of Neigong, and his Taiji skills advanced much more rapidly after beginning this practice.

I am not sure neigong was part of the system, before this moment.

All corrections are welcome.

joppe

Post by joppe » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:08 am

luchan was already skilled in lot of other intern and extern martial arts.

He was a well known master before he came to chen village.

And all the history chin has given out in favor of the chen village aand family has proven to be false.

There is no real historical evidence about luchan being a student of the chen and even no evidence the chen family had a martial system in these days.

The whole village and the graves where modified in the mao tima to fit the so clled history.

if you have a close look at the names and technicks fro the yang style you find a lot of resemblems with the much older arts of the so called wudan and shaolin
Joppe douwes from the netherlands did follow his first workshop with Scott in Amsterdam 2005