qi

A general Q & A forum

Moderator:Scott M. Rodell

Tashi James
qi

Post by Tashi James » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:50 pm

Having done the Yangjia Michuan hand form for three months, daily a number of times. Being able to do the form super slow with what to my understanding is the correct breathing. I've started feelin a bit more what I'm assuming [which I hate to do] is progression in the feeling of qi. Afte learning tthe form I would often feel tingles and an electric "buzz" type feeling in hands/fingers. Once only did I have the feeling in the dantien which caused a feeling of emotional "ecstacy".

Recently, I have the feeling of my arms, chest and dantien feeling balloon like, not light or heavy but a feeling of fullness expanding out. I don't get this in the sword form though! Am only focusing on the dantien and on breathing and movements being as one with smooth transition from move to move with clear intention. Am not as yet learning the movement of qi.

If anyone has any feedback I'd greatly appreciate it. Also I'm not trying to engender any of these feeling, it's just observation.
"There is nothing that does not become easier through familiarity" (Santideva).

"We become what we do repeatedly. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit" (Aristotle).

iglazer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Swimming in air

Post by iglazer » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:29 am

I can't remember if it was Cheng Man Ching or T.T. Liang that likend doing the form to swimming in the air. The thought is that as you do the form you feel the air all around touching every part of your body. This helps you expand mind intent throughout the body.

I am not going to comment on your specific sensations, other than it is good that you are aware of such feelings. Keep up the good work!