Second Section DVD?????

A general Q & A forum

Moderator:Scott M. Rodell

ynze
Second Section DVD?????

Post by ynze » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:23 am

Last weekend we had a 3 day seminar with one of Laoshr's students Anne Likold. We started on the second section of the michuan hand form. Since there is only so much you can do in 3 days and there is so much to share, we only could spend some hours on trying to memorize the moves. Details of course are lost.
When learning the first section I could always return to the video clip of Laoshr on the website of GRTC. Unfortunately there is no second duan. Of course there are a number of video clips on the web to be found. I'm not good enough to judge whether they are good or not, but they are definitely different, very different indeed.
So here's the big question: does anybody know how to get hold of a clip/dvd with the form close to how Laoshr teaches it?

Linda Heenan

Re: dvd?????

Post by Linda Heenan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:20 am

Do you have the red books? If you've had some instruction (which is more than we've had over here), the red books will remind you and give you the details. There was a DVD a long time ago and we had some in Australia but they have worn out and copies only play on old technology. Anything with bluray function seems to make them freeze. We don't have any fully functioning copies anymore, but they did exist once, so perhaps someone over your side of the world still has one. If you have an old computer, you might still be able to play it on that. I suggest Master Wang's red books though, since you've already had some teaching on the form. Also, there are several DVDs still available with Master Wang performing second section (Di er duan). You can get them from the Yen-Nien Duogan or from the American Yangjia Michuan Taijiquan Association.
Contributions welcome at the Chinese Swords Guide - now with RSS http://www.chinese-swords-guide.com

ynze

Post by ynze » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:26 am

Hello Linda,

we do have the red books. Last session we were using it to figure out a set of moves. As not native english speakers we had some issues on the translation. We had one guy standing as a puppet while the rest discussed which hand or leg should move to where. It works but I must admit a that I found learning details from laoshr movie clip easier.

As far as the dvd goes lets hope someone will react.

cheers Ynze

Scott M. Rodell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott M. Rodell » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:40 am

ynze wrote:Last weekend we had a 3 day seminar with one of Laoshr's students Anne Likold. We started on the second section of the michuan hand form... Unfortunately there is no second duan...
Sure there's a DVD... The Center produced a DVD of the Second Section, email me your address & I'll mail you one (or more if others in Holland need them). You can pay up when I am over in April...

ynze

Post by ynze » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:51 pm

Scott M. Rodell wrote:
ynze wrote:Last weekend we had a 3 day seminar with one of Laoshr's students Anne Likold. We started on the second section of the michuan hand form... Unfortunately there is no second duan...
Sure there's a DVD... The Center produced a DVD of the Second Section, email me your address & I'll mail you one (or more if others in Holland need them). You can pay up when I am over in April...
I'm checkin with the boys and girls of Silk Road. Thanx in advance