Michuan Kunlun Taiji Jian

Discussion of Chinese historical swordsmanship from all styles.

Moderator:Scott M. Rodell

Linda Heenan
Michuan Kunlun Taiji Jian

Post by Linda Heenan » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:26 am

I have a few copies left of the Estonian Sword Festival DVD from 2002. This is what we have been using for people in Australia who are the only ones in their area learning the sword form, but we've come to a problem. I now have so many people learning this jian form, that there aren't enough copies to go around, so I've stopped mentioning that such a thing exists.

It's okay for the kids learning at school. They have me there 4 days a week so we can learn one movement at a time and they can practise and show me anytime. The problem is with the people I only see once a week. Sometimes there is a fast learner in a town who can take it back and slowly teach others but this is not always the case.

At present I have two teenage girls, and a woman who need more help than the one or two movements I can teach them as part of a weekly class. They are asking where to get it online. I checked this website and there is only a piece of Section 1. Does anyone know of another source of Jian form videos that I may have missed. These people are keen and want to practise all week but I don't have the resources to help them.

Tashi James

hi

Post by Tashi James » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:29 pm

Does the Yen-nien dougung. have any dvd with kunlun. I think they do but not in English.
"There is nothing that does not become easier through familiarity" (Santideva).

"We become what we do repeatedly. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit" (Aristotle).